Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: on stranger tides

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Poster

I have always been a fan of pirates. Since the advertisement of Pirates of the Caribbean: on stranger tides came out, I have been waiting anxiously to watch it.
Sadly after viewing at a facebook comment that pirates was too long, I did not kept my expectations high.

Nevertheless, this show did not disappoint me at all!
Screening for 137 minutes, I felt that the duration of the show was just right. I could see that the plot was nicely acted out and by extending or reducing any part would have did the show injustice. It was hardly boring and very entertaining indeed.

Johnny Depp was again very amazing on his part. I always felt that he was born for his role as Jack Sparrow.  I felt that this movie also included equal parts to Penelope cruz (Angelica), Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa) and Ian McShane (Blackbeard), which was very wonderful indeed! Then again, this show is not just about Jack but also about the lives of the rest of the other people too!

It is nice to see that the main crew is still acting their role as it would be very funny if there were different actor/actress replacing them. Perhaps we are so used to these actors/actress that they became the image for that role like many other actor/actress usually become after acting in sequels.

The movie is about a race between all of them plus the Spanish soldiers to find the fountain of youth. Everyone had different intentions of finding this fountain, and there were twists in the movie that made it exciting to catch.

 I love the chemistry between everyone especially the ones between Jack and Angelica. For it is mainly their bickering and loving acts that brings the whole movie together.

However, I do feel that Kevin McNally (Gibbs) had small parts here and there which sometimes don’t really make the story flow. Unlike previous movies where we seen more of Gibbs. But perhaps it was due to the fact that he did not travel together with Jack this time round. Also, there were short scenes of the Spanish, which might be brought in to add twist to the story but could render as redundant. Since the sudden notice by Barbossa that the Spanish was finding for the fountain of youth and the appearance of the Spanish at the fountain was very abrupt indeed.

Lastly, there is a puzzling event I felt was either not to be resolved or to keep us hanging? The part where Sam Claflin (Philip) was dying and after a kiss by Astrid Berges-Frisbey (Syrena), he was dragged down into the waters. It was known that a kiss by a mermaid was very dangerous indeed. So I had no idea while watching the show whether was she saving him indeed, especially after the dragging part.

Overall, it is a must watch show!

Rating: 8/10 popcorns

No comments:

Post a Comment